Dropping off/picking up students from school
Please remain in your car when you drop off and collect your son/daughter from school.
If you get out of the car, or you are asked to get out of the car you are required to come to the office to register your details for contact tracing.
You must not wander around the school site.
I hope this letter finds you all in good health.
With the Governments move to Alert Level 2 the school will recommence Tuesday, 19 May 2020. This means boarders return Monday, 18 May 2020 from 3pm onwards.
Please note the school is taking precautions as outlined by the Schools Hostel Boarding Association.
We ask that:
- One parent to bring your son/daughter to school/hostel.
- Wait in your vehicle unless a hostel parent asks you to come out.
- The hostel parent will direct the student to the sign in area and issue parents/caregivers with an information sheet.
- Parents can unload their child’s belongings but will not be able to enter the dormitories.
- Student’s will sign in and take their belongings to their room.
- It is essential that your child bring soap and sanitizer for their use (if available).
- It is imperative that students stay in their own rooms and do not share anything with their friends. (Please encourage your child to keep to this guideline. Failure to follow guidelines may result in disciplinary action.)
- To name all of your son/daughters belongings. With winter coming please pack warmer clothing.
- Winter uniform is to be worn. Please ensure that your child/ren have black lace-up shoes for winter, jumper or school jacket. NO SANDALS, NO TUPENU’S (for boys) or jackets that are not School issue.
- Have required necessities for grooming and hygiene e.g. shavers for boys; moisturisers, shampoo/conditioner, soap and hand sanitizer if available.
- Warm bedding: change of sheets, pillows, pillow- cases.
- Bring back school equipment e.g the school loan lap top, Ministry of Education lap top, Bible, stationary; resource books ‘Ready to learn’
- There is a long weekend coming up the school will not be open for instruction on Friday, 29 May 2020. Hostels will re-open again Monday, 1 June from 3pm for students to return.
- Weekend leave is permitted provided students go home to their own bubble. They will have to note who is at home for contact tracing.
- Parents are not to come to school during the week. Please ring the hostel and speak with the hostel parent if it is imperative for you to come.
- Hostels will be supplying students with disposable cups and plates so that we can reduce cross-contamination.
We look forward to seeing our students back at hostel.
If you have any concerns or queries, please do not hesitate to contact myself or Mr Field.
Mrs C Pereira – DP Well-being/Boarding / Mr C Field – Director Boarding